Do You Wear Stress Like A Badge of Honor?
Do you know someone who wears stress like a badge of honor?
I’m pretty sure we all do.
You know those folks who are constantly talking about how busy they are, how much they have to do and there’s never enough time in the day?
They might be unable to say no and might value themselves and their self worth based on status, how much they can get accomplished in a day and how ‘stressed’ they are.
They claim they don’t like it but I believe the truth is that they are addicted to stress and the perceived badge of importance it stamps them with.
The question is why do they feel this way? Is it society’s fault for pinning us against one another in the Battle of the Badge of Achievements? 🏆
Could it go deeper than this?
Could it be that these people keep so busy in order to hide from their truth? That they don’t feel like they are enough underneath all these busy layers of stress and perceived accomplishments?
Perhaps when they are still and have time to sit with themselves, they have to think and feel and that stuff is scary and dangerous, right?
They might have to face past demons and mistakes and wounds never healed.
If you know someone like this or you are someone like this, no need to fret! 😱
Think for a moment why you might have created this belief, that stress equals importance…
Will slowing down make you a bad person? Lazy? Not good enough?
Who taught you these things? Where do they stem from at the root?
I’m here to assure you that you are loved exactly as you are without the layers of achievement armor, without the Badge of Busy.
I spent most of my life in a constant state of stress, but it wasn’t of my own doing; it was rooted in unhealed trauma and that perpetual stress state was enough to leave me very very sick and addicted.
It wasn’t until I finally faced and healed it, and walked away from people and environments that were toxic to me and learned to say NO without guilt, that I really started healing and then living.
I freed up energy to do what truly matters to me and to do it joyfully. 🤗
I deserve it and so do you, so start shedding that stress armor today! 👏🏼🙌🏼💪🏼 Here are a handful of things you can start doing now to unload these burdens, slow down and be okay with it.
1) Learn to say NO. No is a one word answer. It might feel impossible now, but I promise it gets easier and then kind of addictive if I’m being honest! 😆
2) Realize you are worth it! You are deserving of peace and self love beyond what you do and how much and how often. You were born in joy and love and innate worth; it is your birthright.
One day you’ll grow old (if you’re lucky!) and you won’t be able to DO. Start practicing unconditional self love now! Start a narrative with your inner children and ask them what they need for you to know, remind them that you’re glad they’re here on this journey with you. 🥰
3) Take 20 minutes each day for yourself. A bath, a walk, a treat, whatever makes you feel good and is just for you.
4) Remember you can’t pour from an empty cup. Fill yours back up before trying to give more to others. You will burn out. 🥱
5) Delegate to others when feeling overwhelmed. You deserve to enjoy life and have peace like everyone else deserves it.
6) Consider going inward. Sit in stillness first thing in the morning or whenever possible and reflect on your emotions without judgement. Let yesterday’s lessons be just that and accept yourself exactly as you are in the moment.
There is really only right now, anyway. 🙏🏼
**Thanks for reading and remember to share this and any post that resonates for you and anyone you know who needs to see it! Be sure to like Meg Happen on Facebook and follow on Instagram to see future posts! Subscribe here to my healing website and look for my up and coming health coaching site, Meg Stone Wellness! 💖